Jim Fulton wrote:
> I suggest that, since this appeared in a code snippit to begin
> with, it should have been written as:
>   blah blah '(_.None,_,foo)' blah blah

I don't format my code like that ;-)

> Note that the StructuredText underlining feature is
> widely considered a missfeature and probably won't be supported
> in StructuredTextNG.

Hmm, it could be useful though...

> > I'd prefer to see a generic way of escaping structured text formatting.
> >
> > Maybe this is something for StructuredTextNG?
> Maybe. I'd really prefer that this not be necessary.

I think escapign is always going to be necessary for something like
this... ;-)

> If you do, please suggest an escaping syntax. Please
> think hard to come up with an escaping syntax that I don't hate. ;)

How about extending ! beyond just escaping WikiNames?
! escapes structured text if it directly precedes a formatting
!! actually puts a ! if it does indeed need to proceed a formatting

PS: Off to the wiki now ;-)