I decided to subclass DTML Document and (using ZClass) create my own
document class (in fact I wanted all my documents to possess some
standard properties and prompt for them on initialization and also to be
CatalogAware). I succeeded (everything more-or-less works), but I still
have some doubts:
1) How can I set standard DTML Document properties (title!) from my
constructor? I created constructor form and constructor method, I
succesfully prompt for and set all my properties but I do not know how
to set properties belonging to DTML Document.
2) Can I do anything to have single property screen which would behave
as original DTML Document property screen but present both original
properties and properties belonging to my custom property sheet?
3) Can I influence property editing screens (what I want is to increase
some edit boxes)?
I created also some classes which do not inherit DTML Document or DTM
method. I have questions about such a configuration:
4) Can I do something to have ZCatalog PrincipiaSearch (i.e. full text
search) to scan some property of my custom ZClass (say property body
from propertysheet Basic)?
5) Can I write index_html method of my custom class so it interpret DTML
tags (like dtml-var substitution)?
And one question after the whole mess. I migrated my (fairly small so
far) website from DTML Documents to my custom document class - and I did
it manually. But I would not like to perform similar operation manually
if the site contained 500 or 5000 pages.
6) What you, Zope gurus, would do if you were to find all the DTML
Documents in some directory tree and remove them, creating instead XXXX
Documents (where XXXX Document is some subclass of DTML Document) - and
keeping the document id, title, contents and properties without change?
7) And what if you were to change something a little - say detect that
some property belongs to custom propertysheet and put it there instead
on putting on standard DTML Document propertysheet?
Regards and thanks in advance for any hints and references
-- Serwis nie tylko mieszkaniowy: http://www.mk.w.pl
| Osoba jest omegalizacją ewolucji uniwersalnej na określonym odcinku
| etapowym (Teilhard de Chardin)
Zope maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
** No cross posts or HTML encoding! **
(Related lists -