In the past few days I have been working on a patch that will
let you edit ZClasses via FTP without the need for typing in
actual pathnames to get to the methods (mainly so I can edit
ZClasses with HTML-Kit).  Strangely enough, even with the
modifications, I see this same thing.

I've included this patch in case anyone wants to play around
with it.  It's not the greatest, and definitely needs to be
modified (some of the security mechanisms are bound to be
broken).  But it is a start anyway. ;)