I can view certain document on a Zope site over the web if I use a brower. But for fun I tried to download it by using Python's httplib, and for some Zope sites got a status code 302. This probably means I need to use another URL address. The web browser does this automatically so I don't need to do anything. But I can't seem to find the right URL.

Reading from http://www.w3.org/Protocols/HTTP/HTRESP.html , it says that when 302 happens, the header line would be

URI: <url> String CrLf

But I don't see this line in the returned header. And the returned body is an HTML telling me the document has been moved. Funny thing is that browsers (IE, Netscape) do not have problems with it.

Is this a limitation of Python's httplib (not showing the URI in the response header)? Is there a way to circumvent it? Or does this have to do with virtual hosting, or Apache stuff?

Thanks,

Hung Jung