Try to use the ZODBCDA
It works very well!
Paolo Quaglia
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Emmon Simbo
Sent: Tuesday, December 12, 2000 11:26 AM
Subject: [Zope] ODBC Connection

I have a few customers who are using Zope and have shown an interest in using the OpenLink ODBC Drivers. Unfortunately, I am not familiar with Zope and wondered if there was a How-To that I can use to show me how to use Zope with ODBC. I have downloaded the ZmxODBCDA module but when I select this from the Products menu, it shows up as ZmxODBCDA(Broken product ZmxODBCA). If I click on the link, I get

  File "D:\APPS\ZopeWeb\lib\python\OFS\", line 397, in import_products
    product=__import__(pname, global_dict, global_dict, silly)
  File "D:\APPS\ZopeWeb\lib\python\Products\ZmxODBCDA\", line 91, in ?
    import DA
  File "D:\APPS\ZopeWeb\lib\python\Products\ZmxODBCDA\", line 92, in ?
    from db import DB, manage_ODBCDataSources
  File "D:\PROGRA~1\Zope22\lib\python\Products\ZmxODBCDA\", line 87, in ?
ImportError: No module named mx.ODBC

Any ideas what's wrong here and secondly how I can go about making an ODBC connection.
Thanks for you help in advance
Best Regards,
Emmon Simbo
OpenLink Software
Tel: +44 (0) 20 8681 7701
XML & E-Business Infrastructure Technology Provider