the ZmxODBC DA uses the Zope-independent product mxODBC, that provides a generic
Python DB API compliant ODBC interface to Python.

ZmxODBC installs mxODBC into lib/python/Shared/mx. The problem is that this path is
not in the default PythonPath.

move the mx directory from lib/python/Shared into a directory that's member of
PythonPath (for example lib/python).