Ian Sealy wrote:

> I've finally managed to replicate the bug consistently, so I've just
> submitted it to the Collector:

>       http://classic.zope.org:8080/Collector/1895/view

> I now know what causes it so I'm able to work around it, which means
> that I'm afraid the offer of 400 quid to fix the bug is now
> withdrawn. Sorry.

> The bug only occurs if the DTML Method that adds the large file tries to
> call a Z SQL Method that uses the ZPyGreSQLDA. Here's the description I
> just submitted to the Collector:

Yeah great,
I'm bitten again. We had the same (upload) problem here and I didn't have
time to think about it, but thanks to your debugging I know now for sure that
I have quite a problem.

Michel Pelletier and Chris McDonough explained it a bit in
answers to this message:
http://zope.nipltd.com/public/lists/zope-archive.nsf/ByKey/7C20E9F401FF8087

Chris even had a workaround:
---

A solution is to add the following methods to the database
adapter's DB class inside DB.py:

def commit_sub(self, *arg, **kw):
   pass

def abort_sub(self, *arg, **kw):
   pass

---

The above is also used in the alpha version of DC's newest oracle adapter DCOracle2,

As we use Loginmanager with postgres, I have know idea how to not invoke
Z SQL methods when upload.
Has anybody an idea if and under what circumstances the above snipped could do harm?

cheers,
oliver