"Burwell, Becky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
 > I have an SQL database that I want to populate using an external
 > Python method (because I have file I/O code).
 > So I have something like this:
 > DTML Document named import_file which has:
 >     <dtml-call "parsefile()">
 > ----
 > parsefile is my external Python method.
 > def parsefile (self):
 >     # blah, blah
 >     self.record_info (arg1=value1,arg2=value2)
You break the namespace chain here.

If "record_info" is indead a DTML document (and not a method!),
then you should nevertheless be able to access "LookupPrinter"
by acquisition.
I do not know, why it does not work.

You can avoid to break the namespace chain:
  <dtml-call "parsefile(_)">

  def parsefile(self,namespace):