Chris Withers wrote at 2005-4-5 23:52 +0100:
>Dieter Maurer wrote:
>> exUserFolder has built in caching (positive and negative caches),
>Dunno what that means, but SUF supports caching via standard

That sounds very strange: user objects cached in a RAMCacheManager...

>or ZSQL method caching.

They cannot be controlled (therefore, I developped "CCSQLMethods"),
thus, bad luck when you changed a user...

>> directly integrates with the MembershipTool
>What does that entail? SUF should quite happilly replace the userfolder
>in a CMF site...

Maybe, you look at "exUserFolder" more closely.

The true reason for this suggestion: I, too, do not know it.
It is just a configuration option (that I did not need and therefore

>> and support
>> unlimited additional properties on user objects...
>Well, SUF does, although I don't know if I ever released that version
>due to broken, it's available to whoever asks for it though...

That's bad for SUF.

This feature was essential for us.
I looked at SUF and exUserFolder -- and chose "exUserFolder"
as it better matched our requirements.