I have a form that the field length for that element is set to 65k in the database. Using a textbox, the person can enter their information. I now want to view the text. I can again use a text box but what I want to do is this –

<dtml-var mytext>
If I use this format, the text is one line. Are there arguments or a script that will add carriage return/line feed after you set the parameters?

You can wrap it in HTML <pre> tags. This preserves formatting on layout.

Otherwise, you'll have to replace the newlines in your text with <br/> tags. Products.PythonScripts.standard.newline_to_br will do this for you, as will the newline_to_br attribute on the dtml-var tag. (You can find this in the Zope online help.)

Zope maillist -
** No cross posts or HTML encoding! **