On Tuesday 21 June 2005 23:28, Tres Seaver - [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > No that's not possible with HTTP1.0. The problem is, why IE is using
> > HTTP1.0? With HTTP1.1 its possible to change keepalive-timeout.
>
> 'keepalive' only refers to the lenght of time that the browser-webserver
> connection stays open between the completion of one request and the
> beginning of another to the same server.
>
> The behavior we are discussing here is that IE (or sometimes Apache in
> the middle) is configured to time out a single request after a period of
> time;  Mozilla and derived browsers don't do that by default.

MS says:

By default, HTTP 1.1 is enabled in Internet Explorer except when you establish
an HTTP connection through a proxy server. When HTTP 1.1 is enabled, HTTP
connections remain open (or persistent) by default until the connection is
idle for one minute or until the value that is specified by the
KeepAliveTimeout value in the registry is reached. You can modify HTTP 1.1
settings in Internet Explorer by using the Advanced tab in the Internet
Options dialog box.(http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=813827)

I interpret this so: You have to use HTTP1.1 .

So whats the reason that this f***ing browser using HTTP1.0?