David Pratt wrote:
Thanks Tres. The 1's are explained for sure but I can't see a always doing the job for this. What I need is an object that keeps track of the last number given to it so it will supply the next based on its state. For use in a flat form with say a dozen fields you are not repeating over each field but still you need an incrementing tabindex value.

Ah, I see what you're after, something akin to an SQL sequence, right?
Well, Iterator ain't that ;-)

What's so horrible about just putting these tabindexes in by hand?

Your code would certainly execture faster...

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk