Hi Dieter,

Dieter Maurer wrote:
I am setting up sites using Plone and am concerned to read some of the
comments on it. Is it really that bad performance wise?

No, it is not.

...I agree, if it is correctly set up and optimised, which isn't the case if someone is here complaining about performance, which sadly, new users blown away by Plone's functionality often are...

It is just that the CMF is unable to fix a year long bug
which affects Windows only when Zope is run in debug mode:

      then each access to a "filesystem directory view" triggers
      a hierarchical file system scan.

      The result is a slowdown by several orders of magnitude.

FWIW, my experiences with Plone are predominantly on Linux, and that's what my comments are based on...

The problem disappears when you either:

  *  turn off "debug mode"

Yes, this is a biggie. Thankfully, I believe newer versions of Zope ship with this turned off by default?

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk