Most references I find (google, The Plone Book - McKay, Building Websites
W/ Plone - Cooper) on virtual hosting Zope behind Apache recommend
starting with sfm's SiteAccess enhanced Virtual Host Monster product:

Reportedly last updated 2001-08-19, is SAE really so mature that it has
not subsequently needed updates or merited a merge into Zope's own VHM?

I need to map the incoming URL "http://(*.)*" to a Plone
instance at "http://localhost:8080/foo/*"; , and later change the
inbound mapping to "http://(*.)*" after customer acceptance.

I'm guessing that this is the most vanilla virtual hosting requirement
possible, and I want to use the simplest configuration to accomplish it.
If the old SEH 2.1.0 is the recommended tool with Zope-2.8.1, I'm sure the
existing docs will be enough to figure it out. Thanks.