To initialize ZEO clients with ClientStorage I need info such as host, port,
etc.  All the needed stuff is tucked away nicely in the zope.config file and I
would like to be using the zope machinery access it.  I know that what I need
is in there somewhere, but when I try to follow how it happens in say the Zope
startup, I get lost in all the dependencies and my head starts swirling.

I would like to be able to use something like is in ZODB/config.py:

        class ZEOClient(BaseConfig):

            def open(self):
                from ZEO.ClientStorage import ClientStorage
                # config.server is a multikey of socket-address values
                # where the value is a socket family, address tuple.
                L = [server.address for server in self.config.server]
                return ClientStorage(
                    L,
                    storage=self.config.storage,
                    cache_size=self.config.cache_size,
                    name=self.config.name,
                    client=self.config.client,
                    var=self.config.var,
                    min_disconnect_poll=self.config.min_disconnect_poll,
                    max_disconnect_poll=self.config.max_disconnect_poll,
                    wait=self.config.wait,
                    read_only=self.config.read_only,
                    read_only_fallback=self.config.read_only_fallback,
                    username=self.config.username,
                    password=self.config.password,
                    realm=self.config.realm)

here BaseConfig has that bit of magic that has self.config.

I guess I need to know how to instantiate this class.  Any ideas?

David P. Mika