Dieter Maurer wrote:
The original poster explained his wish to retain FCGI:

  It reuses an existing connection between Apache and Zope
  while (he thinks and I might believe it) the recommended
  "mod_proxy" way each time opens a new connection.

  Thus, FastCGI might be more efficient.

Show me some evidence proving that fcgi or mod_proxy is the significant limiting performance factor in a setup involving zope and I'll take this seriously ;-)

Chris

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk