--On 1. Januar 2006 14:04:16 -0600 David Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Good afternoon.  I am new to Zope and I am excited about its
possibilities. We are an ASP and plan to use Zope to improve our
development process. I see that many people use J2EE based environments.
Does anyone
understand why?  Why would anyone use Java?

Because everyone uses Java! When you work in an environment were Java is already used then you usually use Java instead of Python. And there are environments where Python is possibly the better solution. You just need to compare the efforts to integrate an existing environment with your solution...then you choose your tools.