Check out CacheFu and it's accompanying tutorial.

http://plone.org/products/cachefu
http://plone.org/products/cachefu/documentation/how-to/crash-course

CacheFu is being used on plone.org at the moment.

Neither Zope nor Plone are proper delivery systems, and if you want performance, you should read up on caching.

-- Alexander Limi