I am using the following module to pack my data.fs programmatically before a backup is made. This was largely taken out of the Zopelabs cookbook - thanks!

------------------------

def packZODB():

  try:
    import os, sys
    os.chdir("/path/to/Zope/python")
    sys.path+=['/path/to/Zope/python/was/required/to/load/Zope/module']
    import Zope
    Zope.configure("/path/to/zope.conf")

    app = Zope.app()

    app.Control_Panel.Database.manage_pack(days=0)
    get_transaction().commit()
    app._p_jar.close()

    return 1

  except Exception, inst:
    for arg in inst.args:
      print "Oh dear! %s" % arg

Now for the wierd bit. I successfully ran the code that went into this module line-by-line in the Python interpreter. The data.fs was beautifully packed. However, when I run this script from the command line (through another script that acts as a hook) the line "app = Zope.app()" fails with the error "No such file or directory".

Now I am confused, coz the code lines that you would expect to fail if either of the required paths were not correct ran quite happily.

I am running Python 2.3.5 and Zope 2.7.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Cheers

Jonathan Cleaver