michael nt milne wrote:
Sorry but there's alot of Apache knowledge here and it's completely

No it isn't, if you want to use Apache auth, go ask on an Apache forum.
You don't, but you think you do, and you won't listen to anyone, which is annoying in its own right...

Also Zope doesn't do SSL well

Zope doesn't do SSL at all, there's no point. Secure transport and authentication have little to do with each other...

and all password - login is
basically insecure!

Not if it's over SSL...

I've found out that  I'm best using httpd.conf and
not htaccess . Also irc.freenode is unusable.

Oh don't be so rediculous...

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk