michael nt milne wrote:
ok, I've gone into the security tab in the site root and set 'view' to
'authenticated' whilst de-selecting aquire.

Yay!

However, using the password that
gets me into the overall 8080/manage doesn't work.

Huh? Can you provide any less information, or maybe make it a bit vaguer? ;-)

 Also the front page still
comes up if you cancel the login box and the page displays without css.

Then you still haven't sorted your permissions properly...

This
shouldn't happen with view set to authenticated.

Then _you're_ doing something wrong, 'cos it works just fine for the rest of us...

Chris

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk