Doyon, Jean-Francois wrote:
Actually to detect whether it is *running* fetching a page will do the
trick.  That's what we do here and it works fine.

That will NOT detect however if Zope is running, but errors are occuring.  I
sthat what you really want?

Why would looking up a page not do the trick?

J.F.
When you have zope running on top of zeo and stop zeo
you still can ask for a page and it will be returned correctly.
But you can not do nothing sensible on your site.

we do check with nagios for a page (looking for a spcial string).
We run into situations where zope (actually a plone site) does not respond
to user requests. However nagios does not complain.

Robert

begin:vcard
fn:robert  rottermann
n:rottermann;robert