Hi, I have a working Pyhton script to search for users in a plone site with a commandline xmlrpc client. It cannot be changed into an external method because of the fact that it only works when running under a role with sufficient rights. So I turned it into a product.
Basically I have (I have deleted some obvious code): class Xmlrpcindex(UniqueObject, SimpleItem): security = ClassSecurityInfo() security.declarePublic('search') def search (self, SearchableText): return 'foobar' The product is recignized as a Zope product and Plone product. It is installed in my Plone instance and I have made an instance in my Plone root (with id my_xmlrpc_instance). So the client looks like this: import xmlrpclib server = xmlrpclib.Server('http://localhost/plonesite/my_xmlrpc_instance') results = server.search('sometext') This however generates a NotFound Exception :-( Am I doing something elementary wrong? Should I call the search method in another way? >From the ZMI error log: User Name (User Id) Anonymous User (None) Request URL http://localhost/plonesite/my_xmlrpc_instance/search Exception Type NotFound Exception Value http://localhost/plonesite/my_xmlrpc_instance/search Traceback (innermost last): * Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 92, in publish * Module ZPublisher.BaseRequest, line 344, in traverse * Module ZPublisher.HTTPResponse, line 640, in debugError -- __________________________________________________ "Nothing is as subjective as reality" Reinoud van Leeuwen [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://www.xs4all.nl/~reinoud __________________________________________________ _______________________________________________ Zope maillist - Zope@zope.org http://mail.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/zope ** No cross posts or HTML encoding! ** (Related lists - http://mail.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/zope-announce http://mail.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/zope-dev )