Hi Andreas. I have been experimenting with creating backend storages for zope. There is no traceback or error that appears in the error log or event log. My hunch is that the message may be erroneous and that access to the storage is being blocked since the database I am currently experimenting with is not thread safe. I am trying to handle this with a connection pool. I believe that the block is cleared with first two requests that don't succeed - since each time it would be calling a new thread. I believe the reason that this is only occurring on startup is because zope has to load objects with the initial threads to the storage before serving requests.

Regards
David