On Jun 20, 2006, at 2:27 PM, William Heymann wrote:

I am dealing with a zope system where Verisign is sending a POST to our server for ecommerece purposes. Currently I am writing the entire contents of the POST from verisign to the ZODB however I have a problem that some of these
POSTs are not being recorded because an error occurs later in the
transaction.

What I would like to do is isolate this recording from everything else. So that no matter what other error is raised that part will commit so I have a
record of the conversation later.

I'd just record the data from Verisign in response to their POST (do nothing else) and come along later with a separate request to pick through the data to do postprocessing on it every so often; then the data always gets recorded and you can deal with errors in your postprocessing without needing to manage transaction state manually. ClockServer can help with the "do something every so often" aspect of this.

- C