[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hi,

I need to collect a list of student id numbers from one table so I can take this list, find them in another table, and display their names so their teachers can give them a score.

I still like to use DTML but I do not know if I have the sequence-number in the proper format. This is what I have been playing with:

<dtml-call "REQUEST.set('RECORD_ID', REQUEST.SESSION['RECORD_ID'])">
<dtml-in lookup_students_in_course>
  <dtml-call "REQUEST.set('student_id_temp', student_id)">
</dtml-in>
<dtml-in expr="_.range(sequence-number)">
  <dtml-call "REQUEST.set('student_id_temp', student_id_temp)">
<SELECT NAME="student_id_selected">
      <option value=""></option>
 <dtml-in lookup_student_name sort=student_last_name>
   <OPTION VALUE="<dtml-var student_id>">
   <dtml-var student_last_name>, <dtml-var student_first_name>
   </OPTION>
 </dtml-in>
</SELECT>
</dtml-in>

I am having a hard time find reference material on this.

Thanks,

Larry
Larry,

I have an idea for you.  Rewrite in python.  Its easy to return a html <select> structure from a python scripts and python scripts are so much easier to think thru than dtml.

Then from your dtml (if i recall)  you'd just <dtml-var expr="yourPython()">.  From tal use include the "structure" key word like:

If you get stuck re-ask (but give your version in python code) :-)

David