--On 18. Juli 2006 21:55:36 -1000 John Schinnerer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Aloha,

I did try send() - it seems one must know something about RFC822 message
formatting to use it...?
I know nothing about that, and could not quickly find any clear and
concise howtos or tutorials, just verbose and confusing specs and mailing
list posts and so on.

Nonsense. The Python 'email' module is perfectly suited and documented (with examples). We use the 'email' module in various places for generating rfc822 compliant emails that are send through MailHost.send().

-aj