--On 6. August 2006 15:13:33 -0400 Muk Yan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Thanks Andreas, sorry about the confusion.

What I want to do is call the ZSQL Method from a Python script instead of
from a DTML Document or Method.  I want to know if there's a way to
arguments from the Python Script to ZSQL Methods with Updates and Inserts.

I want to avoid using <dtml-sqlvar emp_id type=string>.

Huh? <dtml-sqlvar...> is only used inside the *ZSQL* method. A ZSQL method is a first-class object in Zope and can be called from DTMl, PythonScripts, ZPT, external methods, filesystem code ... an object is an object is an object ....and can be called from always basically in the same way...so where is the problem?