Philip Kilner wrote:

beno wrote:
Apache duplicates 95% of what Zope's server does, so if you're only
using Zope, then it's un-elegant to use Apache.

Not so - Apache is a mature production web server, Zope is an
application server that serves over HTTP, but it's HTTP server is *not*
designed for production use.
Well, all I know is that Pound has a strong following of Zopistas that use it in combination with Zope (and without Apache) for high volume production work and seem to be happy.
the rewrite rules you have to throw at Apache are awkward

You may think so, but they are the supported, documented solution: -
Pound is also supported :)
Zope can't handle cgi

That is because Zope is an application server, not a web server.
Whatever, but if I don't need cgi scripts, what do I care?
I find the tokens "yourMailHost"
and "yourDomain" terribly unclear.

I simply don't understand that. It's off topic, but here goes: -

My domain is "", and I have a mail host called "smtp" (because
that is what it serves). So, the token "yourMailHost" refers to the mail
host name and the "yourDomain" refers to the domain name, so to send me
mail, you make an SMTP connection to "".
Ah! So *that's* what it meant! Thank you!