--On 31. August 2006 12:18:24 +0100 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hi,

My Data.fs is huge (21GB) because it contains many video files. This is
not a problem in itself, however, I recently had to reboot my machine and
now zope takes around 20-30 minutes to restart. Is a fstest automatically
done ? How could I accelerate the restarting, if possible ?

Zope does maintain a Data.fs.index file. If it becomes corrupt e.g. through an unclean shutdown then Zope will recreate it by scanning the whole Data.fs file when starting Zope the next time. This will take some time....so before rebooting you should shutdown down your Zope properly.

-aj