Martijn Faassen wrote:
The speed drop in ZPT I think is due to using Zope 3's ZPT engine in
2.10. Zope 3 has, unless someone tells me otherwise, the policy of being
"slow but right" at the moment. Optimisation may be something the Zope 3
guys want to focus on once they've finished refactoring everything to
death for the 7th or 8th time ;-)

Chris, the Zope 3 people actually spent a lot of time speeding up component architecture bits in Zope 3.3. People complain that its API got better, um, refactored, but it also got sped up quite a bit.

Sorry, yes, that wasn't a fair comment and I apologise.

It appears TAL is slower in 2.10.0b2 vanilla, but a lot faster in 2.10.b2 WSGI. That's pretty bizarre indeed.

If I read Tres comment correctly, he's saying "I don't trust your test results" ;-)

cheers,

Chris

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk