No I get your point. I just feel that anti-windows feeling has to be flagged up. If not it gets endemnic and hopefully occasional pointers will feed in organically. Ultimately in OSS though people will do what they want and that is also part of the value. Finally I don't think I am 'whining' on this.

Cheers

On 10/12/06, knitti < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 10/12/06, michael nt milne < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> This thread was an example of a in-built bias against Windows which I have
> come up against time and time again but mainly on this list. We all know
> that Zope runs best on Unix but for the small to medium organisation running
> a server in house Windows is the platform of choice.

I use Zope on WIndows for development sometimes too. But if none of
the devolpers has Windows as a priority I have to live with that, because
*I know* that whining doesn't do shit to increase motivation of a developer
to invest time into an issue, if he or she has enough interesting things to do
already.

--knitti

--
michael