--On 18. Oktober 2006 16:15:37 +0200 Garito <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi all!

How can I control the way an attribute of a product is readed?
__getattr__? __getattribute__?

I try the __getattribute__ way but it modifies the property pages

Example:

I create an object instance of the product and like:

Property1 = 'Some text'
Property2 = 2006-10-18

I would like to call Property2 like

object.Property2 and retrieve the data with the current locale

Don't do that. Make a clear separation between the storage layer and any kind of presentation issues. If you need your internal data represented in a fancy way, write a dedicated accessor method and use this one inside your templates (or whatever) instead of accessing the data directly.

-aj