----- Original Message ----- From: "Garito" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Lista Zope Internacional" <zope@zope.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 18, 2006 10:15 AM
Subject: [Zope] How to do...

Hi all!

How can I control the way an attribute of a product is readed? __getattr__? __getattribute__?

I try the __getattribute__ way but it modifies the property pages

I create an object instance of the product and like:

Property1 = 'Some text'
Property2 = 2006-10-18

I would like to call Property2 like

object.Property2 and retrieve the data with the current locale

For spanish locale I would like to retrieve 18-10-2006

But if I read the property pages of this object I would like to conserve the given data

Is this possible?

Reading/displaying stored data should not change the stored data! You should determine what internal data storage format you want and keep it consistent. When you retrieve data for presentation/display you can reformat the data prior to display (eg. for localization), but you should not overwrite the stored data with the new format (this will cause you serious difficulties as your data 'reading' routines will never know what format the data is stored in - unless you also store some formatting information, but in most cases this is a bad idea!)