Thanks Andrea for your attention.

Not clear error message.

If I try to download a file bigger than 128 kb, I got a smaller file
and when I 'cat' it I got the 'object' (like <open file
'/scratch/ccpngrid/JOBS/PDBS_all.pdb', mode 'rb' at 0x323c7558>)

Playing with the browser mode of LocalFS (tab 'View' in ZMI) I can
upload big files but I get the same problem as above when downloading.

The first thing I did was to ask to our server administrator and so
far she told me nothing was done but migrating our portal to apache,
yet she pointed out the fact that everything else is working but
LocalFS, then the likely culprit is LocalFS... Anyway, it was working
before...

Cheers,
Alan

On 04/01/07, Andreas Jung <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
- --On 4. Januar 2007 17:52:07 +0000 Alan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi List!
>
> I got a problem. I found out that any file located in a LocalFS folder
> bigger than 128 Kb (precisely 131071 bytes) cannot be download from
> zope portal since the administrator move it over apache.
>
> I mean, I can download a pdf file of 8 Mb from Plone, but I cannot
> download
> any file from a LocalFS area bigger than the value above.

Any particular error message? Your administrator might have limited
the size for POST requests?

- -aj
--
Alan Wilter S. da Silva, D.Sc. - CCPN Research Associate
Department of Biochemistry, University of Cambridge.