Alan wrote at 2007-1-5 10:32 +0000:
>If I try to download a file bigger than 128 kb, I got a smaller file
>and when I 'cat' it I got the 'object' (like <open file
>'/scratch/ccpngrid/JOBS/PDBS_all.pdb', mode 'rb' at 0x323c7558>)

Modern versions of "LocalFS" return a string for files
smaller than 128 kB and a "filestream_iterator" for larger files.

Of course, this requires a Zope version that already supports

Apparently, your Zope version is too old for the "LocalFS" version
you are using.

You may upgrade your Zope, downgrade your "LocalFS" or
modify your "LocalFS" copy to always return a string.