Thanks Dieter,

We use Plone 2.1.2, Zope (Zope 2.8.5-final, python 2.3.5, sunos5),
Python 2.3.5 (#1, Feb 14 2006, 10:51:41) with

LocalFS-1.7rc1-andreas.tar.gz modified
(#from OFS.content_types import find_binary
 from import find_binary)

It was working before we switched to apache. So I took a look at
LocalFS code and then I commented out line 66 (#
ITERATORS_PRESENT=1) forcing LocalFS to work without module
StreamingFile (from LocalFS). And Hallelujah! it solved our problem.

However, why Zope is not able to cope with "filestream_iterator"
anymore? What happened here since we only switched zope to apache? And
what we are loosing since I am not using filestream_iterator anymore?
A sort of performance?

Anyway, is there any new version of LocalFS to be downloaded?

Many thanks to you all guys.

On 07/01/07, Dieter Maurer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Alan wrote at 2007-1-5 10:32 +0000:
>If I try to download a file bigger than 128 kb, I got a smaller file
>and when I 'cat' it I got the 'object' (like <open file
>'/scratch/ccpngrid/JOBS/PDBS_all.pdb', mode 'rb' at 0x323c7558>)

Modern versions of "LocalFS" return a string for files
smaller than 128 kB and a "filestream_iterator" for larger files.

Of course, this requires a Zope version that already supports

Apparently, your Zope version is too old for the "LocalFS" version
you are using.

You may upgrade your Zope, downgrade your "LocalFS" or
modify your "LocalFS" copy to always return a string.

Alan Wilter S. da Silva, D.Sc. - CCPN Research Associate
Department of Biochemistry, University of Cambridge.
80 Tennis Court Road, Cambridge CB2 1GA, UK.<<