Just a quick follow up to my question yesterday: should this work in
principle?

Cheers,
Mark

On 1/10/07, mark hellewell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi

On 1/10/07, Andreas Jung <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --On 10. Januar 2007 17:10:03 +0000 mark hellewell
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I've tried creating an Index with default encoding set to
> > iso-8859-5 but no joy, the cataloger won't catalog the docs!
>
> "won't catalog" means what? Provide a detailed description
> what you are doing and how to reproduce the behavior.

Inside my CMF-based sites portal_catalog I add a
TextIndexNG2 index, specifying the Default encoding
as iso-8859-5.

I then upload my text document containing the characters,
and click Reindex through the ZMI.

If I then look at the catalog entry for that document it
shows no data was gathered for the Index in question.

The same process works ok with UTF-8 documents and
an Index with a default encoding of UTF-8.

> Locales don't affect TXNG in any way.

Ok, thanks :)

mark