Used to use the debug a lot but then when we found DeadLockDebugger (DLD), I was hooked...mainly because there is no 'baggage' to loading the page. Debug actually uses one of the threads to show you that page. The content of the thread sorta looks like the whole REQUEST object, which is helpful sometimes too. DLD is fast (normally) and sometimes rather addictive to watch...to see what your servers are doing. We use ZEO and 2 public clients fronted by squid and a third we use as an internal admin client that is not served by squid. I just use a set of bookmarked tabs in FireFox and open a tab for each server. Then I just hit 'reload all' and see what they are all doing.
Just my 2 cents.

Allen