----- Original Message ----- From: "Gaute Amundsen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <zope@zope.org>
Sent: Friday, January 19, 2007 4:36 AM
Subject: [Zope] How to get modules that are called by external methodsreloaded?

Subject says it sall.
Only way I have found so far is to restart zope, and on a production server,
that is not very popular. Takes about 10 minutes on ours..

AFAIK there is no way to reload a module called by an External Method without restarting Zope. I have encountered this situation many many times. If at all possible you should set up a development server so that you can do this more quickly (my restarts take about 10-15 seconds) and not impact production users.

If you are really stuck with a single server for production and development one possible work-around is that you could copy the module source code into your external method, develop/debug, then move it out into its own file when has been completed.