At Saturday 3/2/2007 11:34, Jens Vagelpohl wrote:

On 3 Feb 2007, at 15:22, Maciej Wisniowski wrote:

So where is your *real* problem? Export/import works fine,
we have tools like ZSyncer, we have ZEO...something you're missing?
It is not my problem. I just pointed that copying data.fs between
instances is not only and not preferrable way to distribute
versions among zope instances.

You're still expressing an opinion about what's "preferrable" as a
statement of fact. What's preferrable and workable is not set in
stone. People will do what works for them. Matter of fact, there is
no "preferred" or "recommended" way to "distrubute applications" at
all, really.

FWIW, I use two databases, one contains the application and the other (mounted as a folder) contains all the user-created objects. This way I just copy the "new" database over the "old" one, keeping the user objects intact. This works fine for our use case.

Gabriel Genellina
Softlab SRL

__________________________________________________ Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí. Todo lo que querías saber, y lo que ni imaginabas, está en Yahoo! Respuestas (Beta). ¡Probalo ya!