Zope 2.9 says in the Virtual Host Monster About Tab: "For example, suppose Zope
is running on port 8080 behind an Apache running on port 80. You place a
Virtual Host Monster in the Zope root Folder, and use Apache to rewrite "/(.*)"
http://localhost:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/www.buystuff.com:80/buystuff.com/VirtualHostRoot/$1.";

However, the following in my Apache 2.2 httpd file does not work:

<VirtualHost *:80>
    RewriteEngine on
    DocumentRoot /var/www
    Servername goodbyeken.com
    RewriteRule /(.*)
http://goodbyeken.com:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/www.goodbyeken.com:80/goodbyeken.com/VirtualHostRoot/$1
</VirtualHost>

The above directive results in a Zope "resource not found" error. I have a
Virtual Host Monster called myVHM in my Zope root directory. myVHM is able to
do redirections that do not include the VirtualHostBase keyword.

Why doesn't the VirtualHostBase keyword work?

<<winmail.dat>>