Zope Version    (Zope 2.9.7-final, python 2.4.4, linux2)
Python Version  2.4.4 (#1, Oct 23 2006, 13:58:00) [GCC 4.1.1 20061011 (Red Hat
4.1.1-30)]
System Platform         linux2
SOFTWARE_HOME   /var/zope/lib/python
ZOPE_HOME       /var/zope
INSTANCE_HOME   /var/zope
CLIENT_HOME     /var/zope/var
Network Services        ZServer.HTTPServer.zhttp_server (Port: 80)
ZServer.HTTPServer.zwebdav_server (Port: 9800)

(Red Hat 4.1.1-30) is actually Fedora Core 6

Campus maintenance tested the backup generator this morning.
When the power was cut off the circuit breaker tripped on the battery
 backup that kicks in momentarily until the generator takes over so
all hardware rebooted.  After starting zeostorage and zope I found
the apache rewrite rule that has been working since at least April 3,
 2007 has quit working.  Zeo, Zope, and apache have been restarted
quite a few times since April 3 and worked fine.  This is the first time
the server has totally rebooted since that date.

NameVirtualHost 152.10.10.8:80

<VirtualHost 152.10.10.8:80>
  ServerAdmin [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  ServerName www.library.appstate.edu
  ServerSignature Off
  RewriteLog /var/log/httpd/libweb-rewrite_log
  ErrorLog /var/log/httpd/libweb-error_log
  LogLevel warn
  TransferLog /var/log/httpd/libweb-access_log
  ProxyVia on
  RewriteEngine On
  RewriteCond %{REQUEST_METHOD} ^(TRACE|TRACK)
  RewriteRule .* - [F]
  RewriteRule ^/(.*)
http://localhost:8086/VirtualHostBase/http/%{SERVER_NAME}:80/VirtualHostRoot/$1
[L,P]
</VirtualHost>

Since apache quit rewriting I have changed the Zope port to 80 so we
could get back online.  The rewrites

  RewriteCond %{REQUEST_METHOD} ^(TRACE|TRACK)
  RewriteRule .* - [F]

were added in after a nessus3 scan from suggestions on the report
but the server had been running fine after that.  The syntax is correct
according to httpd -t.

Any suggestions on getting or testing apache rewrite, or problems seen
with my rewrite rules would be appreciated.

Thomas
Thomas McMillan Grant Bennett           Appalachian State University
Computer Consultant III                 P O Box 32026
University Library                              Boone, North Carolina 28608
(828) 262 6587

If it's not as simple as possible to try it, then the barrier to entry is too
high.

Library Systems Help Desk: http://www.library.appstate.edu/help/