Gaute Amundsen wrote:
On Thursday 10 May 2007 17:57, Paul Winkler wrote:
On Thu, May 10, 2007 at 02:10:40AM +0200, Gaute Amundsen wrote:
On Wednesday 09 May 2007 16:41, Paul Winkler wrote:
On Wed, May 09, 2007 at 12:07:54PM +0200, Gaute Amundsen wrote:
So there is no other possible limit in a zope instance than IO or CPU?
Well, there's RAM of course.  If you run out and start swapping a lot,
that's a big problem :)

About 12G in that box, so  that's unlikely.

How big's your Data.fs? If it's bigger than 12GB, then careless code can easilly chew through all your ram...

Very helpful if the trouble is ZODB I/O.  Have a look at the activity
graph and see if you're getting lots of loads... might mean your ZODB
cache is too small and is getting thrashed.

I set cache-size to 10000 last night, up from the default.

If you're using a ZCatalog, you might consider splitting it into it's own zodb in order to improve the performance of this cache...

Big CMS system with about 70 virtual domains.

How often does the content change?

cheers,

Chris

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk