Forwarding my reply (the reply-to header seem misconfigured on this list)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Tarek Ziadé <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Jun 13, 2007 3:10 PM
Subject: Re: [Zope] Compilation issues
To: Andreas Jung <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

On 6/13/07, Andreas Jung <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

--On 13. Juni 2007 14:50:04 +0200 Tarek Ziadé <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Hello,
> I am trying to set up a Python/Zope in my home because I have a limited
> access to the server,
> but I have an issue when i try to run Zope with unicode compilation with
> the
> Persitency module.
> I remember I had this problem once with PyLucene, and recompiling Python

> with the right option
> resolved it. But in the present case, it doesn't solve it...

You're mixing somehow Python modules compiled with different Python
versions (in detail with different internal unicode representation UCS2 vs

Something like that probably, I recompiled Zope and Python, recreated a
fresh instance, removed all .pyc
from my old Products directory and copied it in the fresh instance, copied
the Data.fs and now it works...

Tarek Ziadé | Association AfPy |
Blog FR |
Blog EN |