I have a fairly old Zope server that has slowed down to the point where loading
the ZMI doesn't complete and some pages load in > 25 secs while other pages
don't load at all.  There has been recent cosmetic changes, but they worked for
a day or so before the slowdown.  There is nothing new or unusual in the event
log and traffic to the server is minimal (probably because it has been unusable
for a day).  The Data.fs is about 500 mb.

I am fairly certain that I have eliminated all operating system factors, and I
am at a loss as to what I can do next without a ZMI.

Any suggestions welcome.