On 11/20/07, Ben Bartrum <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have a fairly old Zope server that has slowed down to the point where
> pages don't load at all.  There has been recent cosmetic changes, but they
> worked for a day or so before the slowdown.  There is nothing new or unusual
> in the event log and traffic to the server is minimal (probably because it
> has been unusable for a day).  The Data.fs is about 500 mb.
>
> I am fairly certain that I have eliminated all operating system factors, and
> I am at a loss as to what I can do next without a ZMI.
>
> Any suggestions welcome.

Have you found out why it is slowing?
Has your traffic increased -> limit your traffic temporarily
Perhaps its the Hardware? If you mean with 'old' P3/P4, perhaps
the CPU cooler is dead and the CPU is in reduced performance mode?
Perhaps some IO controller (disks?) is failing.

Or your changes weren't cosmetic. Roll back to your last known good
backup (you have one, right?) and apply cour changes a atomic as
possible and test them

--knitti