----- Original Message ----- From: "John Schinnerer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Well, it worked last time from 2.7.x to 2.8.x. Not so lucky time I guess.

Anyone else have pointers to what I need to know?

You need to have right codepage in your system and defined management page charset property too. But these prerequisities does not able to make STX absolutelly sucessfull.

I was generate CP1250 locales (I use mandriva), but with Zope 294 they does not run 100% correctly with STX (for example bold text with nationalities is displayed with ** quotation). But STX at Zope 251 (with own very old python) is OK with the same machine.

Other thing that does not work with new zope is names of days or months which have national characters.

It is question if new zope code or new python is broken, or something else.

Does somebody know, which highest Zope version is OK?