--On 25. Februar 2008 12:00:24 +0100 Stefano Guglia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

You are trying to *index* rows returned from a ZSQL operation.
This make no sense. As said: ZCatalog is designed to deal with
persistent objects (the things you see within your ZODB hierarchy within
the ZMI). And why do you want to index stuff within Zope if you can
perform  the search directly within your database!? This makes
absolutely no sense  what you're trying to do. At least the
implementation approach is broken by  design.

-aj

because I need data to be searched thru standard zope/plone search tools
(zcatalog - quick search form etc.) by users and search engines and this
can be done only by 'translating' queries into persistent objects. If I
understand well, brains are there just for this purpose. I'm just a
beginner in zope, so please let me know if there are more effective ways
to do that.

That's not the primary supported usecase of ZCatalog. Perhaps

<http://www.zope.org/Members/rbickers/cataloganything>

will help you any further.

-aj