I absolutely agree and I have preached to the WEB page editors here about this
but most of them have no idea of the difference between a relative link, an
absolute link, and trash like this.  Using Dreamweaver they just know "it
works" at least for them.

On Monday 07 April 2008 06:06, Chris Withers wrote:
> Thomas Bennett wrote:
> > I have had similar instances with GSA on my Zope server in that it would
> > try to index something like
> > /mydir/mydir/mydir/mydir/somefile.html
> >
> > Often I've found the case is an href that references
> > ../somethingelse.html
> Yes, that's bad coding on your part.
> cheers,
> Chris

Thomas McMillan Grant Bennett           Appalachian State University
Operations & Systems Analyst            P O Box 32026
University Library                      Boone, North Carolina 28608
(828) 262 6587

"... using OpenOffice.org, and save them back to disk automatically,
in MS Word format.  They surf the Web, check e-mail, do instant
messsaging, view YouTube videos, visit their Facebook pages, learn
touch-typing skills and lots more.  Our public library has been
offering these Linux public stations for the past three years."
 - Phil Shapiro Linux Journal January 2008

Library Systems Help Desk: https://www.library.appstate.edu/help/